Everything spin?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed May 9 15:02:19 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 09 May 2007 07:53:58 Chris Negus wrote:
> Given the size of the final x86 Fedora 7 repo, will it be possible to
> fit all binary packages on a single install image of about 8GB or less?
> If so, it would be great to have an official DVD image like that. You
> could share it over bittorrent and those who have a DVD-9 burner can
> start out with everything on a single disc.
>
> Otherwise, what would be the form in which we would get the Everything
> packages to work from? Two standard size DVDs?

If I remember correctly, it was over 8 gigs.  4.5~ gigs on the first DVD, 3.7
on the second DVD.  This was just i386, not x86_64 where there is multilib to
contend with.  The compose took the form of split media that was DVD size.
It would be an insane amount of CD media.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora