python-kid on buildsys server

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Thu May 10 14:29:28 UTC 2007

On Thu, 10 May 2007 09:14:41 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:

> > On Thu, 5 Apr 2007 17:23:31 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> >

> > Why is it so damned difficult to get a single package updated although
> > I even provided the prepared rpms? This is turning into a negative
> > experience for me.
> >

> Oh I don't know
> 1) Its not actually causing problems for people

Why do I need to repeat it again? It creates bad html pages for
repoview, which don't pass the w3c validator. Could it be that
you ignored my examples when I posted them weeks ago?

> 2) It means we have to alter the OS with a non-standard RPM.

The installed older version is non-standard, too. It comes from
a private repository.

The createrepo upgrade is non-standard, too.

When I used a local copy of Yum 2.6.x to get something done, I was flamed.
When I ask for an official update of an installed rpm, I need a lot
of energy to run against closed doors.