FS/OSS license: not quite enough of a requirement

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Thu May 10 21:53:09 UTC 2007

Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> And today I realized that's not quite enough to ensure that the *user*
> receives the source code from us.  All that states is that *we* get
> the source code.
>
> So we could in theory accept Free Software, including source code,
> under a liberal license, build it AFAICT in perfect accordance with
> our guidelines, and distribute only its binaries to our users.

huh? , it's right in the *definition* of opensource (see item 2):
http://opensource.org/docs/osd

Now, If it would make you feel better that we spell it out *explicitly*,
then draft a proposal for review:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Committee#head-bc786fd8400956418c30ac87c30733f0c008b146

-- Rex

-- Rex