GFDL and documentation freedom (was: Re: FS/OSS license: not quite enough of a requirement)

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Thu May 17 01:04:00 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-16 at 21:58 -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> Now, I don't know whether any software in Fedora is under this
> license.  But our policies permit software under this license to be
> integrated.

As much as I don't want to be on this thread...

Nothing in Fedora is using the Reciprocal License at this time.
Nothing in Fedora is using any _known_ non-free license at this time,
with the exception of firmware.

Alexandre, I know that you feel strongly on these issues, and I also
know that you and Rahul are likely to argue perpetually, while actually
agreeing on things.

I suggest that you guys either take it off list, or move on to proposing
drafts.

Thanks,

~spot