summary of firstboot and EULA changes in Fedora 7

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu May 24 08:13:54 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-05-22 at 11:37 -0400, Max Spevack wrote:
> On Tue, 22 May 2007, Jeremy Katz wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2007-05-22 at 10:44 -0400, Max Spevack wrote:
> >> that if someone wants to know more specifics, we give them the location
> >> of the full EULA.
> >>
> >> Which, by the way, is now on the wiki:
> >>  	http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal/Licenses/EULA
> >
> > Do we want to actually put this in a release specific path?  The EULA
> > does change from time to time and won't retroactively apply to older
> > releases.  So thinking ahead to that and having the URL appropriately
> > versioned seems like a good idea...
>
> You're right.  I can change it to a Fedora 7 EULA page, and we can use
> #redirect to have /Licenses/EULA point to "current"

For these "permanent" URLs, it is probably a good idea to start to
rethink how we are defining them.  I.e., "wiki" shouldn't be in the URL,
and for now we should have an Apache rule that redirects fp.org/Foo to
fp.org/wiki/Foo, unless /Foo otherwise exists.

This is the consequence of trying to wedge the Wiki into CMS duties, it
is harder to make URLs that always work.

Anyway, point made here, and I should probably go tackle this on
f-websites-l.  We'll come to consensus and let ya'll know.

- Karsten
--
   Karsten Wade, 108 Editor       ^     Fedora Documentation Project