Board Meeting recap and IRC log for 2007-05-01

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Fri May 4 23:19:01 UTC 2007

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/Meetings/2007-05-01

= Fedora Project Board Meeting (2007-05-01) =
  * IRC only, no telephone conference
[[TableOfContents]]

== Role Call ==
  * Present: mspevack, blizzard, skvidal, stickster, jeremy, notting,
mdomsch
  * Absent: rdieter, mether, gregdek

== FESCO/Board/Sub-project governance starting with F8 ==
  * Lengthy discussion about what FESCO's role and responsibilities
should be
  * Read the IRC log (below) for all the juicy discussion
  * Lots of ideas discussed, no hard decisions reached
  * Post your thoughts to the list

== EPEL ==
  * bpepple: I don't believe there's anything FESCo needs decided right
now by the Board.
  * political problems right now with some 3rd party repos/packager's
request that we add repotags--knurd will report to the list in a week or so

== Other Topics for Discussion ==
  * Merge happening at noon Wednesday
    * PPC box is on the way to the data center, the x86 builder is
already there but not racked AFAIK (mmcgrath).
  * f13 has started a thread where people recommend names for the
release? Ie: Bordeaux, Zod, ???
  * mdomsch comments briefly on Dell's going to pre-isntall ubuntu
    * the decision was easy: look at dellideastorm.com, and 80% of the
people on there asked for Ubuntu
    * we only have the resources to factory install one, but we'll post
links to other Distro's web pages that list certifications, if they exist

== Next meeting ==
  * No board meeting next week due to RH Summit in San Diego.
  * TBD

== IRC Log ==

Please make corrections to the wiki if I misrepresented something.

Thanks,
John