Making respins with custom configs and files

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Thu Nov 22 11:33:39 UTC 2007

Hi Yaakov,

the Fedora Advisory Board may not be the most appropriate list to
discuss Fedora 9 or Revisor features, more appropriate maybe is the
Revisor development or user discussion list[1], and the
fedora-livecd-list[2].

However looking at what it is you are trying to solve, have you tried
working with copy_dir maybe? Revisor uses that setting to copy all
contents from that location onto the live or installation media. With
Live Media these files are copied onto "/" which is to become the root
filesystem once you boot up the Live Media, and with Installation Media
it copies it into the files/ directory in the tree (so that during the
installation you can use it in %post).

If this has any short-comings on solving the scenario's you are
addressing, please let me know because I think these are perfectly valid
use cases.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip