3 development process improvements

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Fri Nov 9 17:36:19 UTC 2007

Max Spevack wrote:
> It is very rare that Fedora developers actually talk to each other on
> the phone (as opposed to IRC), but jkeating, mmcgrath, and I were just
> having a quick chat.
>
> Three general points that I jotted down for further email discussion:
>
> (1) pick a release name sooner in the cycle so that artwork, marketing
> materials, and web content can be finished sooner.

I've mentioned this before for to a few people.  Completely agree here.

> (3) more dedicated feature QA/smoke-testing.  Ask feature owners, as we
> get to the pre-release time, to do a fresh install and sanity check
> their feature to make sure it looks and operates the way it should.

I really wish that we had more of a dedicated/organized QA effort for
Fedora.  Smoketesting is a great first step.  I really hope that we can
make some headway with this, because it was a very successful way to
draw in contributors to Mozilla back in the day (and still is).