Dealing with PPC in Fedora 9(+)

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 21:58:22 UTC 2007

On Nov 12, 2007 10:40 AM, David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at infradead.org> wrote:
> We'll plan to have each spin ready on time, so it can go out fairly much
> synchronously with the i386 and x86_64 releases -- and more to the
> point, with precisely the same package set. If for some reason we slip,
> let's impose a rule that we may not ship any packages in the PPC spin
> which are not in rawhide (for the RCs) or f9-updates (for the release).
>
> OK?

Clarify for me one thing. Assuming you slip relative to x86 release
date and you need to use f9-updates packages... what are we doing with
respect to ensuring source distribution?  Will you be rolling srpm
isos that match the binary isos?  We don't make any effort to keep
srpms nor binaries for updates  available for the full lifetime of a
release.  So i just want to make sure we know what we are doing for
secondary arches to meet source distribution requirements.

-jef"I am a broken record...but I don't want a pedantic source
distribution requirement biting us in the ass"spaleta