Dealing with PPC in Fedora 9(+)

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Nov 14 21:13:55 UTC 2007

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 19:20:16 -0500
David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at infradead.org> wrote:

> Hm, interesting question.
>
> In the past, when I've done 'Fedora X + stuff' releases, such as the
> spins I've done for newly-supported hardware like Pegasos and PS3,
> I've shipped the install tree with an SRPMS/ directory containing the
> two or three packages which I had to update. Would that be a
> reasonable answer?

I answered this in person with David today.

When a secondary arch does a release that would match up to a primary
release (like "9"), The secondary arch has a full srpm tree (since
hardlinks are cheap right?).  When we shuffle this into the mirror
system, hardlinks will be made, and just the few differences will show
up.  New repodata will have to be made, but we can accomplish that.

Thoughts?

--
Jesse Keating