Legal Update

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 18:52:22 UTC 2007

On Nov 16, 2007 9:31 AM, Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com> wrote:
> If you ask me, I'd rather educate than enable.

I'm not sure our userbase nor our contributor base wants a detailed
discussions which cites actual court cases concerning the evolving
state of software patents in different countries.  The EU situation as
it comes to "technical" inventions involving software or more
generally algorithms is not as black and white as some people who like
to believe.  Are we as a project prepared to due this topic justice?
Do we as a project have the credibility to effectively educate on this
subject?  Or do we need to partner with a different community that has
credibility in legal matters? Perhaps we could find a way to get
groklaw involved?

-jef