Legal Update

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Nov 19 14:53:58 UTC 2007

Paul W. Frields wrote:

> Sorry if I was unclear.  My point was that trying to walk this
> particular legal line -- a very fine one at that -- is making the value
> of our possibly-soon-to-be-published verbiage practically nil.

Are you considering the entire workflow?

1) Click on a MPEG file
2) A dialog explains why we support open non-patent encumbered formats
3) Another dialog which offers the Fluendo codecs/ "Click here for
alternatives"
4) User chooses to click on alternatives link
5) Gets directed to Fedora wiki page which has a link to RPM Fusion
website or a repo file or package (Which spot has confirmed recently
that Legal is ok with)
6) Installs software with a single click via Pirut

How is this not an advantage over the current situation?

Rahul