Legal Update

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Mon Nov 19 15:21:24 UTC 2007

On 11/19/2007 04:09 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Jesse Keating wrote:
>> On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 20:23:58 +0530
>> Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>>
>>> 3) Another dialog which offers the Fluendo codecs/ "Click here for
>>> alternatives"
>>> 4) User chooses to click on alternatives link
>>> 5) Gets directed to Fedora wiki page which has a link to RPM Fusion
>>
>> This part smells a lot like having a "reason" why these other repos
>> exist (like what kind of content are within) which is verboten.
>
> Can you explain a bit more what you mean by that? I am not sure I
> understand.

3) Another dialog which offers legal stuff / Click here for potentially
illegal stuff.
4) User chooses to click on link to illegal stuff.
5) Gets redirected to Fedora wiki page with intent to get illegal stuff.

Smells of contributory infringment.