Legal Update

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Nov 19 16:03:20 UTC 2007

Christopher Aillon wrote:

> Read spot's mail again.  You can't give a reason.  You can say general
> things such as "There's some other software that we don't ship which is
> available here".  You can't say "There's some other software that we
> don't ship because of .... which is available here".   Including it in a
> very specific context like this seems to fall more into the latter, not
> the former, and does not appear to be allowed.

What I understood is that is that we can't explicitly say in words the
reason behind why we don't include certain software.  I don't consider
the context in the workflow that I described as not allowed. Spot, let
me know what you think.  If we need to get legal confirmation on the
specific workflow as I suggested, let's get that done.

Rahul