Legal Update

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Nov 19 16:28:52 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:

> I personally feel that you're trying any way possible to get around
> what Legal has said.  It's very reasonable to assume that if you
> attempted to do /something/, were told that Fedora can't help you
> do /something/ but if you happen to look over /here/, that we are now
> putting context into what /here/ is and what /here/ provides.  This is
> what Legal does not want us to do.

You are trying to guess the legal outcome based on engineering logic
which frequently is very different from logic (or what is the equivalent
there) in the legal world.

I personally feel that what I am proposing is just fine and if there is
any doubt about that, we should ask Red Hat Legal directly instead of
trying to guess what is allowed or not.

Rahul