predictable releases Halloween and May Day

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Tue Nov 20 16:14:40 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 10:45:30 -0500
> Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>>> tracking release dates for Fedora much more aggressively. The
>>> current goal: release Fedora twice a year, at Halloween and May
>>> Day, every year."
>>>
>>> Did that goal change again? Or was it forgotten?
>>>
>>> Just wondering.
>> I think Jesse just mis-did his month counting :)
>
> Oops.  It was requested of us to do our final releases on Tuesdays
> instead of Thursdays.  It's a lot easier to get the press to pay
> attention to us early in the week rather than later.  I just forgot to
> change the month when I changed the day.

I could easily create a custom report (if we don't have it already) to
automatically create this page... upside is that everything calculates
automatically, downside it is not as pretty, though I don't think it
would be that hard to fix with some css tweaks.

http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f9/f9-milestones.html

Slightly, tangentially, I wonder if the pretty wiki version
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/9/Schedule
should be higher level and encompassing of important milestones across
the Fedora Project (Events like FUDCon, Art Team, Marketing,
Infrastructure, etc.) while putting some of the more team specific tasks
in sub-schedules in that team's wiki space.

Thoughts? Comments?

John