predictable releases Halloween and May Day (was: Re: [Fedora Project Wiki] Update of "Releases/9/Schedule" by JesseKeating)

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Tue Nov 20 16:25:21 UTC 2007

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007, Jesse Keating wrote:

> Oops.  It was requested of us to do our final releases on Tuesdays
> instead of Thursdays.  It's a lot easier to get the press to pay
> attention to us early in the week rather than later.  I just forgot to
> change the month when I changed the day.

In order to be responsive to Red Hat marketing/PR's request that major
things like releases happen earlier in the week rather than later, we
are moving the release day from Thursday to Tuesday.

The Tuesday closest to May 1 2008 is April 29th, and so that is the
initial Fedora 9 target.

Similarly, the Tuesday closest to Halloween 2008 is October 28th, and
that is probably what we will shoot for next year.

--Max