Fedora Board Recap 2007-NOV-13

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Nov 21 14:25:00 UTC 2007

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 09:15:30 -0500
seth vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> 3 years is a long time for keeping the sources around if we generate
> them that way. It seems like we're better off in terms of space and in
> terms of being able to provide sources for the longer run if we can
> generate srpms on the fly out of cvs.

3 years only comes into play if you use 3b/c.  If you use 3a, you only
have to keep the source as long as you keep the binary.  In the case of
respins, you only have to keep the sources associated with the respin
for as long as that respin binary is hosted.  This is the real concern,
the updates sources used in respins.

--
Jesse Keating