Fedora Board Recap 2007-NOV-13

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 18:29:55 UTC 2007

On Nov 21, 2007 9:14 AM, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> Yes.  That hasn't changed.

Okay this is important. As things stand right now we aren't avoiding
the need for the written offer clause with our own in-house project
activities.  We don't have to call forth downstream distributors to
have a reason to rely on the written offer. We're already doing things
in a grey manner which necessitate the use of the clause which you
don't want to use. The dam has burst.

> I'd really like to see us instead make a
> limited number of source isos to match the live image(s) so that they
> can be offered in tandum.

That takes care of the official media.. but don't we have an ethical
obligation to make it easy for other people acting on our behalf who
are producing additional media to pass around to make available the
corresponding source isos.  Or in the future.. src usb keys?

-jef