Fedora Board Recap 2007-NOV-13

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 18:56:06 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:
> I'd prefer that if you wish to rely upon Fedora to foot
> your legal requirements, you participate in our hosting program so that
> Fedora can ensure an end in sight for our legal assumed
> responsibilities.
>
> Nothing should prevent a downstream from doing their own thing, not
> participating with Fedora project.  I would just rather that if they
> choose to do this, that they also choose to handle their own legal
> responsibilities.

So here's an interesting ramification of this: third party spins that
aren't allowed to call themselves Fedora (because they add patented OSS
software, for instance), won't be able to participate in our hosting
program.  So a solution that relies on our hosting the spins won't
address the needs of those people.

I don't know if that's the target audience of the initial proposal, though.

-Toshio