Fedora Board Recap 2007-NOV-13

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 19:48:55 UTC 2007

On Nov 21, 2007 10:40 AM, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> Nope, you're allowed to.  Want to work on a patch for livecd-creator to
> also create a source iso?  Some of the code could be stolen from
> pungi.  If nobody else gets to it, perhaps I'll work on this over the
> weekend.

Do i want to? only if I can make it generate animated theora maps as
well as src isos!
I'll have to dig into pungi first and make sure I understand how its
being done there.

Are you saying that as a project we can make a commitment to producing
the corresponding source media image for every binary media image we
produce at the time of binary media image production? I still think
that we're gonna hit a scalability problem here. But your right no
matter how we implement the rest of it making it cookie-cutter easy to
generate the source media for a livecd is going to be a necessary
piece of the puzzle whether we use a hardlinked cache of srpms or
generate them as needed.

-jef