Fedora Board Recap 2007-NOV-13

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Wed Nov 21 23:19:35 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 22:43:54 +0100
> Jeroen van Meeuwen <kanarip at kanarip.com> wrote:
>
>> GPLv2 doesn't say though that once the binary is released originally,
>> the clock starts ticking all over again each time it is redistributed
>> by a third party that uses 3c. A written offer can easily contain a
>> time frame consistent with the three years described in the license,
>> possibly extended to 3 years + a release's lifecycle.
>
> That's your interpretation.  Are you a lawyer?

You on the other hand are fearing the exact opposite so much you
wouldn't let anyone dig into it -"Please avoid at all costs". Now, tell
me, are you a lawyer, Mr. Keating? Don't try and make this about me,
attack my opinion with arguments, please. Last time I checked we share a
common goal here -a greater good if you will.

Haven't I requested -since you think it is so dangerous- to determine
what it is it says we can or cannot do?

-Jeroen