Hosting and Supporting GIT conversion of Fedora CVS to enable downstream development efforts and distributions

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Nov 28 07:38:17 UTC 2007

seth vidal wrote:

> I'm not positive but this doesn't seem like a board decision. If the
> releng, fesco and infrastructure teams are at an impasse we can take it
> up for discussion but I don't see a reason to not let those groups do
> what they're supposed to do.

Well, it has already been discussed in fedora-infrastructure list with
no agreement on whether this is something we should do or not and that's
the reason it is being escalated to the Fedora Project Board. IMO it is
certainly something the Fedora Project Board should look into
encouraging for two reasons.

It seems the natural next step for being a better upstream after
enabling spins to look at what we can do to enable derivatives (such as
OLPC or the work Marvell is doing) which are not just straight subsets
of the Fedora repository and it could potentially help us evaluate
whether we want to move to distributed SCM's (which also seems to have
been discussed without any decision repeatedly). Both of these should be
considered by the board individually and in this context too.

Rahul