FUDCon Proposal

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 18:41:58 UTC 2007

On 10/25/07, seth vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-10-25 at 15:24 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> > On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 15:33:26 -0400
> > Dave Jones <davej at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > > On Thu, Oct 25, 2007 at 01:56:27PM -0400, Tom spot Callaway wrote:
> > >  >
> > >  > On Wed, 2007-10-24 at 13:10 -0400, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:
> > >  > > 4. In future, there will always be a FUDCon in December (about 6
> > >  > > weeks
> > >  > > after the annual Halloween release) and June (about 6 weeks after the
> > >  > > annual May Day release).
> > >  >
> > >  > FOSS.in is the first week of December this year, I don't know how
> > >  > predictable their annual date is, but we should try to avoid conflicting
> > >  > if possible.
> > >
> > > My first thought on reading 'june' was to check OLS too.
> > > We're good for next year, but it has been known to be in june
> > > in previous years. Something to keep in mind..
> >
> > Perhaps FUDCon could be an OLS mini-conf at times.  There's plenty of
> > people already there that would overlap.
> >

> But it means converting into those expensive canadian dollars.

Whose value will just go up and up! Yes by investing in OLS you are
helping your future retirement when your US$1.07 becomes CA$1.00 but
in ten years becomes US$5.00 when you find that unspent loons in some
coat. We also recommend buying AU$ because AU is the symbol for gold
and will only go up too!

On a more serious note, my selfish vote is for an early October summit
in Albuquerque, NM, USA area so that people can also go to Balloon
Fiesta!