Topics in need of RH Legal

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Sep 14 00:50:05 UTC 2007

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 19:35:11 -0500
Matt Domsch <matt at domsch.com> wrote:

> Primarily, the right to use the Fedora trademarks and name.
>

> > Probably
> > A) being produced at release time by the Fedora Release Engineering
> > Team B) being mirrored along side the other official spins on the
> > mirrors and torrent
>
> These aren't necessarily true, but may be in some circumstances.  I
> wouldn't want to add too many extra spins by the Release Engineering
> team.  Being listed as a torrent isn't difficult so we can pretty
> easily offer that; being posted to the master mirror servers should be
> a higher bar IMHO.

So I was thinking there are two different things.  Spins that can make
use of the Trademarks, and spins that are done by the Fedora project.
I was talking about spins done by the Fedora project, such as the KDE,
Developer, and Electronic Labs Live spins.  Community members did all
the legwork to build up a proper kickstart file and test it out, then
provided it to the Release Engineering team to produce come release
time.

--
Jesse Keating