spec files and OPL

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Thu Sep 27 15:14:17 UTC 2007

All,

My apologies for not having time to dig through all the messages in the
tomorrow and the preparations for my speech there take priority.

But I have talked with Mark Webbink about the questions around licensing
the spec files.

One of the possibilities that I mentioned to him was simply licensing
all of the spec files in Fedora under the OPL.  Mark seemed to think
that this might be a simple way to meet the goal of ensuring that the
spec files are all fully redistributable.

Is that an acceptable solution?  Would it solve the concerns that people
have been raising?

Thanks,
Max