Fedora Games Spin : Requesting Board Approval

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Thu Sep 27 19:14:27 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-27 at 14:01 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> Jeremy Katz wrote:
> > On Thu, 2007-09-27 at 23:39 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> >
> >> Sounds like a start to me. Would this result in a torrent only release?
> >>

> > Yes
> >

> >> Do I have to the approval of Fedora Board to call this "Fedora Games Spin"?
> >>

> > Given that no one from the board has weighed in on the discussion, I
> > would say not yet.

If we want to distribute the spins/deployment mechanism a bit and if we
want to make a distinction b/t respins and the official fedora spins
then maybe we could do:

spins.fedoraproject.org - it's own torrent tracker with an arse-load of
disk space.

Then we have a respin-admin group which can login to this machine and:
  1. make a spin with livecd/pungi based on a submitted config
  2. push them up to the spins tracker

Then we delegate the responsibility some and we also don't end up
drowning the official releases in other stuff.

in short new user experience is:

Looking for fedora: main site-> torrent.fedoraproject.org

Slightly more experienced new user:
 Looking for a specific fedora spin (once they understand what a spin
is) -> spins.fedoraproject.org

thoughts? Crack?
-sv