Topics in need of RH Legal

Matt Domsch matt at domsch.com
Fri Sep 14 00:35:11 UTC 2007

On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 08:29:32PM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 20:13:21 -0400
> Tim Burke <tburke at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > - What are the board's acceptance criteria for bestowing blessings?
>
> This is a good question.
>
> > - What are the benefits one gets from having a spin blessed?  ie,
> > what does it imply?

Primarily, the right to use the Fedora trademarks and name.

> Probably
> A) being produced at release time by the Fedora Release Engineering Team
> B) being mirrored along side the other official spins on the mirrors
> and torrent

These aren't necessarily true, but may be in some circumstances.  I
wouldn't want to add too many extra spins by the Release Engineering
team.  Being listed as a torrent isn't difficult so we can pretty
easily offer that; being posted to the master mirror servers should be
a higher bar IMHO.

-Matt