permission to use spec files in other projects (Was Re: clamav)

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Sat Sep 22 16:12:56 UTC 2007

TL> I cannot speak for other peoples spec files and I suspect some
TL> packagers won't agree with the "SPEC files are public domain"
TL> statement

You can be certain of it; for whatever reason, jpackage specfiles
carry a block of license text, and they've been incorporated verbatim
into Fedora.  Which I honestly don't think should have been allowed,
but nobody seemed to care when I raised the issue.

I certainly agree that the issue begs clarification.

 - J<