Fedora Games Spin : Requesting Board Approval

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Thu Sep 27 16:30:09 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-27 at 12:28 -0400, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:
> 1. OFFICIAL FEDORA SPINS.  A small handful -- maybe even only one.  They
> go through releng and QA.  They go to mirrors.

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes? :)

> 2. A FEDORA SIG SPIN.  As many spins as there are SIGs.  The leadership of
> the SIG figures out how to take ownership of the spin.  We provide
> infrastructure to build the spin.  SIG members are responsible for
> releng/QA tasks.  They are hosted on BitTorrent.  Examples: Games, Music,
> and KDE.  Yes, KDE.

I'd actually rather see it that different SIGs can do a spin if they
want and then there's just a "Spin Review Group" or some such that
actually reviews the configs being used, says "yeah, that looks fine"
and signs off on it.  This would include verification that only Fedora
packages are being used (since otherwise, can't be called Fedora and use
the trademark, etc)

> Can it not be that simple?

I think that not only it _can_, but that it should be.  And that it will
end up working a lot better as more people are doing more of these

Jeremy