Fedora Games Spin : Requesting Board Approval

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Thu Sep 27 17:57:07 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Jeremy Katz wrote:
>

>> Just because the bits are there doesn't mean that the combination of
>> bits boots and works.  And that's the focus of the testing --
>> integration testing as opposed to component testing
>
> How much of that applies to a games spin? What do I do to move this
> forward?

Well from the Infrastructure side come up with a secure, reproducible
mechanism to get your bits to us.  I'm not that familiar with
revisor/pungi but is there a way to create a spin then save the configs,
give it to us to re-create?  If so then I guess we'd just need to create
an SCM where you (and others) could send their configs once they're
approved.  At first I can only imagine a handful of spins that,
hopefully, change rarely (like per release).  If thats the case I think
we could commit some resources to doing it manually until the final
solution is figured out[1].  I think that seems reasonable since, in the
future, it'd probably be very similar except the building part would be
automated.

Thoughts?

    -Mike

[1]  As a trial only, this way we can say no to people or just stop if
we run out of resources or decide its not working out.