Fedora Games Spin : Requesting Board Approval

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Thu Sep 27 18:27:45 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Mike McGrath wrote:
>
>> Well from the Infrastructure side come up with a secure, reproducible
>> mechanism to get your bits to us.  I'm not that familiar with
>> revisor/pungi but is there a way to create a spin then save the
>> configs, give it to us to re-create?
>
> Yes, of course.
>
> "Copy the following into a .ks file. Adjust the repository
> configuration if needed and as root user, run
>
> # livecd-creator --config <games.ks> "
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Games/GamesLive
>
> If so then I guess we'd just need to create
>> an SCM where you (and others) could send their configs once they're
>> approved.  At first I can only imagine a handful of spins that,
>> hopefully, change rarely (like per release).  If thats the case I
>> think we could commit some resources to doing it manually until the
>> final solution is figured out[1].  I think that seems reasonable
>> since, in the future, it'd probably be very similar except the
>> building part would be automated.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>
> Sounds like a start to me. Would this result in a torrent only release?
I think so yes.  I wouldn't mind talking to the rest of the
Infrastructure team at today's meeting if you could attend (and maybe
some other parties on the list) maybe we could just hammer it out during
the meeting.  irc.freenode.net - #fedora-meeting at 20:00 UTC.
> Do I have to the approval of Fedora Board to call this "Fedora Games
> Spin"?

Thats up to them and I don't even know if the process has been
formalized.  We might have to wait till their next meeting.

    -Mike