Fedora Games Spin : Requesting Board Approval

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Fri Sep 28 13:20:00 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-28 at 09:46 +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> seth vidal wrote:
> > If we want to distribute the spins/deployment mechanism a bit and if we
> > want to make a distinction b/t respins and the official fedora spins
> > then maybe we could do:
> >
> > spins.fedoraproject.org - it's own torrent tracker with an arse-load of
> > disk space.
> >
> > Then we have a respin-admin group which can login to this machine and:
> >   1. make a spin with livecd/pungi based on a submitted config
>
> Does this include revisor?

The officially sanctioned tools for creating spins of Fedora at this
time are livecd-tools and pungi.  Both of these tools take as input a
kickstart config describing the spin they are creating.  How this config
is created doesn't matter, but to be branded as Fedora right now
requires the use of the official tools from my recollection of the
trademark policy and previous Board discussions.

Jeremy