Will Fedora 10 Contain KDE 3.5.10 or Not?

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Tue Aug 5 20:00:54 UTC 2008

Jesse Keating wrote:
> Fun email in my inbox.  Would the KDE sig care to respond?

I'll send something better privately, but here's the gist of it...

I've heard that question a lot...
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/KDE/KDE4FAQ

 > KDE 3.5.10 should be included as a "feature" in Fedora 10

Fact is, it might be a fun project to make a KDE3 desktop that installs
and functions parallel to other DE's in Fedora (including KDE4).  But,
that's not something that the Fedora KDE SIG is currently interested in
pursuing.  Simply put, the KDE SIG is focussing all efforts on KDE4.  We
will happily provide helpful advice and encouragement, but it needs to
be someone else who puts in the hard work, time, effort to make it happen.

-- Rex