Will Fedora 10 Contain KDE 3.5.10 or Not?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Aug 12 01:58:40 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-08-11 at 11:37 -0800, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 10:28 AM, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The next easiest thing we can do... is make sure that we can actually
> > take the alpha image..download it..and then run it via our included
> > virtualization gui on an selinux enabled machine!
>
> I have the answer....thanks to the actual selinux gurus
> Simplest thing:
> The iso has to be moved to /var/lib/libvirt/images
> restorecon isofile
>
> run virt-manager and select the iso file down in
> /var/lib/libvirt/images as the install image.
>
> blamo! Now you can test virtualized installs under virt-manager.  The
> only thing you have to drop to the cmdline for is the restorecon. But
> I hear the virt team is working on this selinux interaction problem.
>
> We should add this sort of information on the "so you want to be a
> tester" page..if we have one.
>
> -jef"virt-manager isn't horrid"spaleta

This presents a problem though.  It seems non-root users can't write to
this directory (/var/lib/libvirt/images) so some root action needs to be
taken either at the command line level to move the downloaded iso, or by
launching Nautilus or Konq or what have you as root.  Neither I think is
a very good UI path.

Why can't virt-manager copy it for the user, or allow the user to load
an iso located in their home directory?  This seems like our OS is
fighting against itself here.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!