Request for Trademark Approval (BrOffice.org Spin)

Igor Pires Soares igorsoares at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 18:32:25 UTC 2008

Em Qui, 2008-08-14 às 17:54 +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen escreveu:
> Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
> > 1. The .ks file includes replacing Fedora logos with the generic logo
> > set.  Are you reverting that to use Fedora logos when you get the
> > trademark approval?
> >

> That is going to be the case, yes. Before Board trademark approval is
> final, we cannot have the kickstart in our little secret GIT repo
> (soonish also a package) if it's not properly re- or debranded, and when
> the Board does approve trademark usage we remove the re/debranding.

Right!

> > 2. The .ks removes the 'codeina' package to save space.  Is those going
> > to break the user's experience compared to stock Fedora, when that user
> > tries to play a media file without the codecs installed?
> >

> I'll leave this one to Igor ;-)

The only reason why I removed codeina package is because it is not
localized at this time. My plan is to have it translated for F10 but it
has to be done in a different way since codeina is not integrated with
Damned Lies/Transifex.

Codeina is a small package and I can put it the spin, but right now I
don't see the point in having a non-localized package included. But if
you think it should be included anyway I can do it.

Regards,
Igor Pires Soares