Request for Trademark Approval (Fedora Electronic Lab Spin)

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh.goorah at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 19:48:35 UTC 2008

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 1:15 AM, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
>> Sorry to be a pain, but you still have the same problem :)  The original
>> page name should always point to the original content.  The new name should
>> be unique... for example: FedoraElectronicLabF10
>
> Is it safe to assume that given that schema, Spins *always* have to have the
> release version appended to it's name?
>
> Kind regards,

Hello,

There are 2 things :

* Aside this wiki page naming issue is there any real issue before approval ?

* Well I tend to agree with Jeroen. However I agree with john as well
concerning a well maintained wiki..
But in practice, that makes hell for maintainers.

During the past releases, all the marketing news sites which talked or
reviewed FEL point to
* https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/FedoraElectronicLab

I prefer to give one main URL to people, lecturers or engineers. Even
if 8 months later that people decide to visit that URL I gave him/her
for whatever reason, he/she will have updated contents on the page.

That is why I move old contents to :
* https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/FedoraElectronicLab8

Most FEL users don't update their fedora box each 6 months, or perhaps
they don't even follow what fedora is doing. This is the case of many
CAD engineers. That is why I like one URL, less trouble end users and
less chance to lose FEL users :).

Chitlesh