Request for Trademark Approval (Fedora AOS Spin)

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Thu Aug 28 20:45:59 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-08-28 at 16:21 -0400, Bryan Kearney wrote:
> Bill Nottingham wrote:
> > Bryan Kearney (bkearney at redhat.com) said:
> >> We would like to request trademark approval for an Appliance Operating
> >> Spin which would be part of the approved appliance tools feature [1].
> >> The kickstart file can be seen in this commit [2].
> >>
> >> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/ApplianceTools
> >> [2]
> >> http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=spin-kickstarts.git;a=commitdiff;h=e25600d498e74adb03b64d2a1bc20683c33f5df4
> >
> > Why does it disable SELinux?
>
> Current issues with the building tool and SElinux.

AFAIK, things should be fine as long as
1) The packages you're installing are f9-updates or later
2) The host kernel when you're building images is 2.6.26

I don't think that a spin shipped without SELinux is really something
that we want to call Fedora IMHO.  Note that this also means you need to
not exclude the SELinux tools in your manifest

> Also, won't you actually need mkinitrd
> > at some point?
>
> The tool does this at image creation. Although, I believe it ends up in
> the image anyways.

Given that the kernel requires mkinitrd, yes.

Jeremy