Policy on DST

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Wed Dec 3 21:41:51 UTC 2008

Mike McGrath (mmcgrath at redhat.com) said:
> with questionable payoff.  We're global, UTC is globally recognized.  No
> it's not what time we use in our little bubble to ask our spouses what
> time we'll be home for dinner but I think Fedora is bigger / more mature
> then that.

Yes, but... if any particular group is only in one timezone, or one DST
area... why should they move their meeting?

While we should certainly keep the schedule page in UTC, I'm not sure
we should hold the users to fixed slots therein, as long as they
keep it updated.

As a contrast, I can definitely think of large global corporations who
have multi-office meetings that stay at a particular fixed local time,
even when DST changes.

Bill