Fedora Board Recap 2008-JAN-29

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 02:48:46 UTC 2008

On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 14:30:08 -0800
John Poelstra <poelstra at redhat.com> wrote:

> === Contributor satisfaction ===
>   * Schedule session for FUDCon in June

That seems a bit late and a bit too exclusive to me.

>   * Unclear what best means of obtaining constructive feedback is
>   * People remain free to comment on mailing lists

> === Timeliness & Format of Board Minutes ===

I'd like to state that these minutes are improved from the ones in the
recent past.  Thank you.

>   * Will seek to alleviate concerns raised on
> fedora-advisory-board-list at redhat.com by holding public meetings
>     * Once each month
>     * Targeted start date March 2008.

Wonderful.

>   * ACTIONS:
>     * Talk to Mike McGrath and Infrastructure team to determine
> technical hurdles
>     * Engage community to help overcome technical hurdles

Technical hurdles such as what?  Every other SIG/Committee gets by with
public IRC meetings just fine...

> === Use of Fedora Name/Trademark ===
>   * What is required for a package or a project to carry the Fedora name?
>   * Need to publish guidelines on wiki
>   * OWNER: Max Spevack
>   * ACTION: post proposal to fedora-advisory-board-list

What about a relaxed trademark policy?  Something like that could also
tie in with the subject below.

> === Post-release updates of custom spins ===
>   * Should the board have to approve them?
>   * We will hosts as many spins as we have space for

What determines priority?  E.g. does a main secondary arch spin take
precedent over a language spin?  Thoughts?

>   * Need to determine the hosting requirements and limits
>   * How long will spins stay around?

Suggestion: The EOL and are removed when the release they are based on
does.

> === Community Architecture Update ===
>   * Max Spevack

Was there an update or is this something that is being added to the
Board's agenda in the future?

josh