Fedora Board Recap 2008-JAN-29

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sat Feb 2 15:48:27 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 20:39 -0600, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Sat, 02 Feb 2008 06:39:59 +0530
> Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>
> > > === Approving XFCE spin ===
> > >  * http://sundaram.fedorapeople.org/livecd-fedora-8-xfce.ks
> > >  * ACTION: Board needs to verify spin and post results to
> > > fedora-advisory-list
> > >  * OWNER: Seth Vidal
> >
> > Isn't technical verification managed by rel-eng?
>
> That depends on what you mean by "technical verification" I guess.
> Ideally rel-eng would do this, yes.  It won't scale though.
> Particularly as more spins come along, and especially during
> alpha/beta/preview/release times.
>
> I see no reason to disallow other extended members of our technical
> community to do verification.

OTOH, relying upon another small group of people to do testing doesn't
scale very well, either.  I'd prefer it if spin owners could do this
themselves.  Do we have a checklist to follow?  Is it easy to check the
sanity of a spin?  Cf. packaging review process, where many can be
trained to review packages.

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.