Under 18, Wants to contribute

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sat Feb 2 16:03:08 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 16:28 -0600, Mike McGrath wrote:
> The following question was raised in #fedora-admin and I had no idea how
> to answer it.  So forwarding the question here.
>
> "I'm under the age of 18, does my dad need to cosign the CLA?"

Fedora are not lawyers and we do not hand out legal advise.

If the CLA does not mention age, then we have pretty much commented on
the subject as much as we can.

What is interesting to note, but not advise with!, is that the CLA
doesn't seem to be much different than many other usage policies.  Read
the fine print for myspace.com, for example, which has many, many users
under the age of 18.

- Karsten, IANAL, TINLA, SBTFO :)
--
Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.