Under 18, Wants to contribute

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 19:29:16 UTC 2008

On Feb 4, 2008 2:13 PM, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at atrpms.net> wrote:

> More seriously I agree with Yaakov, it's better to know where we stand
> and how we can make sure we are clean. If we need a signature or a
> proxy we can arrange to get one, at least we will have a formal
> procedure to point to.

+1.  Let me peer into my magic 8 ball now.  I already know what the
lawyers are going to say - the CLA is a signed, binding legal
agreement.  You have to have attained the age of majority in your
jurisdiction, wherever that may be (18 in the US, don't know about
other countries) in order to sign it.  No different than applying for
a credit card, etc - both agreements give you legal rights and
obligations.

While this may not be the answer that *we* want, it is the legal
answer (IANAL though).  What we need is some stated process for
parental consent that's not too cumbersome.