fedora interns 2008

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Feb 18 18:47:20 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-15 at 12:03 -0500, Max Spevack wrote:
> Fedora Advisory Board:
>
> I have put an initial page up that explains the intern situation for
> Fedora for 2008.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Interns
>
> Please review, and either note your questions/comments on the page, or
> in this thread.

Maybe this isn't the year, but is there any interest in attempting to
coordinate summer coding projects?

Since such projects often come with specifications about how the student
collaborates, my plan was to save some modular pieces from larger
projects for them to focus on.  So the work on the module is "solo" or
whatever the summer coding overlords require.  But the module is part of
a greater whole.

Could those modules be part of a project being worked on (ran by?)
Fedora Interns?  I think so.

Would this take even more pre-planning?  Yes.

Good idea or bad?  Dunno.

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.