Takeover by reviewer

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed Feb 20 09:31:57 UTC 2008

On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 05:35:06PM -0500, Christopher Aillon wrote:
> the underlying fact is that both of you care about the package,
> although for a different set of reasons.  You want to support compat
> back to various RHELs while he doesn't.

But what matches Fedora's profile closer? A package that is locked on
Fedora or one that allows usage under Fedora and RHEL the same? The
move to harbour EPEL shows that Fedora does care about its older
brother. There are no drawbacks in supporting RHEL with this package -
I think it is just used as some argument to stall the review -

> I also realize that it's possible you two just can't get along, and we'd
> need to revisit this issue, but I hope it's possible to try and we'll cross
> that bridge if we need to.  (Are we already at that point?)  :-\

Unfortunately yes. It's been quite a PITA to push this package into
the submission since August (!) and having the reviewer close my
submission about three to four times by now is beyond playing nice.

Anyway, all I want is to get some packages into Fedora and maintain
them there w/o having to play sandbox games. :/
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net