LWN Subscriptions for Fedora contributors.

Francesco Ugolini fugolini at fedoraproject.org
Thu Feb 21 20:08:48 UTC 2008

2008/2/21, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com>:
> We have 75 LWN subscriptions to give away to Fedora contributors which
>  activate in march.
>
>  Here's what we want to do.  I want to have contributors interested in
>  a subscription to make an email request (to an email address to be
>  decided). Take requests for about a week(starting this weekend).  If
>  we have more requests than subscriptions we hold a random lottery
>  drawing for about 65 of them, and then let the board choose who to
>  give the remaining 10 subscriptions to.
>

>  Anyone have any concerns or questions about the plan?  This was
>  covered in the board minutes summary from last week, and noone made a
>  fuss about it, so I'm assuming there's no issue here.
>
>  -jef

The idea sounds good. Generally in the Ambassadors Project we use to
call each 6 months the "Fedora Ambassadors Award" where we prize the
most productive and active ambassadors (from 6 to 8 people). Now it's
too late for such contest but FAmSCo can modify the rules choosing
directly the ambassadors to award.

As i said before the maximum number of awarded ambassadors are 8, so
if you agree with this proposal we can distribute with such initiative
8 subscriptions to the people FAmSCo will choose: it would give those
subscription more value.

Regards

Francesco Ugolini