Fedora Board Recap 2008-FEB-19

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 20:26:29 UTC 2008

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 11:15 AM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:
>  We actually have "http://archives.fedoraproject.org/fedora/" but there's
>  not much space on there right now, we're working on finalizing our
>  backups which will free up some space on this box.

Sure. but it doesn't negate the question as to whether using
archive.org as an external service would be worthwile.  If the project
has internal needs for an archive, then I'm not going to question
having infrastructure for it. But if the question was about keeping
stale bits online to "be nice" for people with external needs..
outsourcing to archives.org might make more sense than having us make
a commitment like that.

-jef