How to recognize contributor achievement (Re: LWN Subscriptions for Fedora contributors.)

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 20:16:50 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-02-25 at 19:31 +0100, Francesco Ugolini wrote:
> 2008/2/25, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com>:
> > On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 3:47 AM, Francesco Ugolini
> >  <fugolini at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> >  >  Just a question: can this issue be discussed by the Fedora Board?
> >

> > We are making an effort to use the fedora-advisory-board list for as
> >  much discussion on as many topics as we can.  We really want to leave
> >  the private board list for sensitive crap that we can't really have a
> >  full open discussion about. And then the board conference calls are
> >  for actually "voting" or "decreeing" or tasking things out to people
> >  on the board to follow up on.
> >
> >  The reality is, the best new ideas and the passionate people to drive
> >  them forward  gonna come from outside the board members, so taking
> >  this to a private list isn't in anyone's best interest.  What the
> >  Board can do is guide new leaders for new areas, and when necessary
> >  beat down whatever roadblocks exist that are getting in their way.
> >
> >  -jef
> >

> I don't want to ask you to make a private discussion, i think this
> place (fedora-advisory-board list) is right for such discussion and
> personally i like to take part in the "external" discussion of this
> issue (i'm interested in it). I only wanted to know if Fedora Board
> was discussing it yet.
>
> Thank you for your work

Absolutely, Francesco, all the Board members are very passionate about
making sure that contributors know their work is highly valued.  Having
these conversations here is the best way for everyone to participate in
the discussions.  We all know that it's easy to overlook great
contributions simply by accident.  Therefore, the Board will continue to
talk about recognizing contributors here on FAB (and elsewhere as
appropriate), so the community can make sure we don't forget about
anyone. :-)  Thanks for your interest and your work as well.