What makes a spin a Spin?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 04:32:42 UTC 2008

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 7:13 PM, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Blessing != hosted.

Let me go further with this.....
No matter how we handle it we are going to run out of available
space... even if we exclude localizated spins from hosted explicitly.
No matter what criteria we use to select what spins get hosted for a
release, we will come to a point where we have to choose to remove a
spin that was hosted to make space for a new spin concept.

I want everything to make peace with that right now.  A hosted spin
for F9 may not be a hosted spin for F10, simply because we might see
some gloriously kickass ideas come our way for spins inside of a
release cycle. Once we hit the hosting limit, we won't be able to keep
up and we will be making political(as compared to strictly technical)
choices as to what is hosted centrally. A certain technical quality
will undoubtably be a necessary but not a sufficient condition to be
hosted and to remain hosted.  Everyone working on spins needs to
prepare for that reality... its coming.

-jef