Fwd: Google Summer of Code 2008 is on!

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Feb 26 04:34:11 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-02-25 at 11:23 -0600, Patrick W. Barnes wrote:
> Yet another opportunity to bring in a handful of students to take on exciting
> new projects.
>
> http://googlesummerofcode.blogspot.com/2008/02/sounds-like-summer.html
>
> I'd be happy to take point on this, as I have the last couple of years, but I
> welcome all of the help I can get.  We'll need fresh project ideas as quickly
> as possible.  We can apply as a mentoring organization after 2008-03-03.

Yep, we've got some stuff started already:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SummerCoding

(Patrick knows why I got started early this year, because of how it went
last ...)

We're going to discuss the Board's interest and commitment level
tomorrow; I want to know how much energy we want to put behind it.

The most important thing is:

WE NEED GOOD PROJECT IDEAS

... then the kids can put in good proposals:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SummerCoding/2008/Ideas

--
Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org